Thursday 3 May 2018

Day 66

Happy Friday to you all!

This post is a little over due but I still wanted to share.

On Monday we had our 2nd blood test. Waiting for the call for the results felt like it went on forever. And then of course when my phone did ring, I had a client at the reception desk I needed to assist. All I could do was answer the call and ask them to please call back in a couple of minutes. That was then followed by the longest 19 minutes of my life. I couldn't think properly and I certainly couldn't concentrate on work. Unable to wait any longer I rang them back and thankfully got through.

My Hcg levels have risen from 190 to 1600 over the last 6 days. My nurse was very happy with that and I don't have to have any more blood tests for now. Happy days!

Our 1st scan has also been brought forward 2 weeks so that is now happening on the 14th of May. 

I spent the first week in shock, finding it had to believe that it was actually happening but now I am filled with joy and excitement. I am now looking for a midwife, I have tried a couple, so far no luck, but that's ok. I'm not worried. It will all work out. 

I have been enjoying reading my pregnancy app daily and getting updates. Our babies are currently the size of sesame seeds and measure 3mm. There is also a picture of what they look like. Haha. A bit like a tadpole! 

I haven't had any morning sickness yet, that usually starts around 6 weeks so I have a few more days to enjoy before that starts. I have been feeling pretty tired and feeling a heaviness in my tummy. I am enjoying feeling pregnancy symptoms for the first time in my life. And it's encouraging to be able to feel that things are happening down there.

Love to you all
Alana, Flex Thunderstache, frankie and the sesame seeds. Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...