Tuesday 24 October 2017

Day 12

Today we found out that of the 10 eggs they collected yesterday, only 4 were mature.

Not so great.

But all 4 have fertilised and they didn't need to use IMSI so that is a positive.

Frankie was the first to be told the news, followed by Flex Thunderstache.

5 minutes later I was making an emergency trip to the vets as I discovered that my beloved little fur baby had eaten about 30 grams of very dark chocolate. The vet needed to give her an injection to make her throw it all up. We are back home now and I am nursing sick little puppy back to health. She should be fine, but I will need to keep an eye on her for the next 24 hours.

Now back to the IVF story.

So while 4 is sort of a disappointing number, this is out of my hands. I know that anything can happen and that we will just have to wait and see.

As we have more than 3 embryos we will be doing a day 5 transfer which will be Sunday. I will be praying that my phone doesn't ring on Sunday morning. If it does, I think I will have to get Flex Thunderstache to take the call. I don't think I could cope with another call like that.

On transfer day no news is good news.

Fertility Associates, please don't call me on Sunday.

Much love,
Alana, Flex Thunderstache and the chocolate monster.


Luke 12:25
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?

1 comment:

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...