Wednesday 23 May 2018

8 weeks - 2nd scan

I am experiencing so many different emotions right now. I don't even know how to begin articulating them, so I will just stick to the facts.

  • Yesterday we had our second scan.
  • It didn't go well.
  • Our baby is still measuring 3-4mm, at 8 weeks it should be be 15-16mm
  • We saw a faint slow flicker but it was not enough for the doctor to be hopeful.
  • I have been taking medication since egg collection to help my body support the pregnancy. 
  • The doctor believes that this might be continuing to support my pregnancy when naturally I would have miscarried.
  • It has been suggested that I stop taking the medication and expect this to end in miscarriage.
  • It may happen naturally.
  • Or I could take some medication that would assist it happening
  • He didn't believe a D&C would be necessary.
  • We still qualify for another round of public funded IVF.
  • Since we actually managed to get pregnant, it is likely that there will still be the option of having another go with my eggs rather than being told the only way forward is with donor eggs.

We just have to wait it out and see what happens.

This journey never gets any easier.

1 comment:

  1. your narrating is beautifully written, such a perseverer in Faith.. and holding onto hope..
    All I know is through my own lived experiences is God is our true comforter and knows us better than ourselves and he is equipping us for greater than we can see.. xx

    ReplyDelete

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...