Friday 6 April 2018

Day 42

Day 42

Day 23 of injections

4 Blood tests.

My week has been filled with needles. I have been doing 2 injections daily since Thursday 29th March and I have had a couple of blood tests this week. Actually, make that 3 blood tests, because on Tuesday, my left arm didn't want to give up any blood so I then had to have a second one in my right arm. Fortunately today's blood test was much easier. I put it down to the 5 glasses of water I drank in the hour before hand. 

Today I am definitely noticing the effect of the drugs. My belly is feeling very full, much more so than I remember feeling with the previous 2 rounds. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

Tomorrow I will be at the blood lab at 8:30am when they open, for yet another blood test and then I will be getting my first scan. I am actually feeling a bit excited about it. My nurse has told me that my blood test results have been great, but the scan tomorrow will be my first opportunity to really see what's going on - how many follicles I have growing and what size they are. I am hopeful that it will all be looking good and that I will do my trigger injection tomorrow night. This will mean that egg collection will be on Monday.

We are nearly there. 

I am feeling excited.
 
And nervous.

And very at peace about it all.

I will update again tomorrow.

Alana, Flex Thunderstache and Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...