Friday 16 March 2018

Day 21

Injections have started!

Finally!

Although we started treatment just over 2 weeks ago, now that I am doing the injections, I feel like things have really started.

Flex Thunderstache didn't even know we had started treatment until a couple of days ago! I am not sure if he wasn't listening or if I didn't tell him. 3rd time round and I am feeling pretty relaxed about it all. It's amazing how casual we have become about it. Its just part of our routine and injecting myself each night just seems normal. 

As this is a long cycle, I will be doing injections for about 25 days. 2.5 times longer than the previous cycles. 

Lucky me.

This time I am using a drug called Lucrin. For this drug, I have to draw it up in the needle out of a little bottle. This is new for me, but fortunately they make it all pretty straight forward. The great thing about using Lucrin, is that I wont have to use Orgalutran this time. (The one that stings heaps and has a fat needle) Yay!

So for now I just carry on with the injections. My first blood test will be in about 1.5 weeks. This should give us an indication of how things are going and how well I am responding to the drugs.





Until next time,

Alana, Flex and Frankie


No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...