Sunday 4 February 2018

The end is in sight

February!

I am glad to see you. 

I has been a challenging few weeks.

I have heard stories of couples who tried to conceive for 10 years before having their miracle baby. I always thought I would be able to do this if needed. But the truth is, after 6 years, I am tired. I have hit a wall. I have reached my limit. I am ready for this to be over.

I am tired of being so controlled with what I eat. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is have fish and chis on the beach. This year it has been salad on the beach, while everyone else around me enjoys one of my favorite activities. I am tired of taking handfuls of pill every morning and evening. I am tired of feeling guilty when I have a weak moment and eat a handful of potato chips.  I am tired of putting life on hold.

February is treatment month. I wont be starting till the end of Feb, but now the countdown is on. The end is in sight and this has thankfully given me some new strength.

We have received the results back from Flex Thunderstache's sperm test. This test was to check if there was a problem with DNA fragmentation in the sperm. The results are given as a percentage. Under 16% is considered excellent. Flex Thunderstache's results were 9.2%. 

This is good news. But for me, also bad news. While I am really happy that everything is great with Flex Thunderstache's swimmers, what it also means is that the problem really is with my eggs. And this just really doesn't seem fair. How can he have such good sperm when his diet includes a lot of fast food and he is constantly surrounded by nasty fumes and chemicals in is workplace (Flex Thunderstache is a motorcycle mechanic) And yet, I am so fit and so healthy and have poor quality eggs. Truly, this is something way out of my control. 

So the countdown is on. Treatment will begin in approximately 3 weeks.

Bring it on! I am ready!

Xx Alana, Flex and Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...