Friday 6 October 2017

So close, but yet so far

And the count down is on!

In roughly 1 week we will begin our second round of IVF.

I have taken myself away to Martinborough for a weekend of rest and relaxation before we start.

No dishes to wash, kitchen to clean, grocery shops to do or clothes to launder. Just stillness, birds and great food. It is a rare weekend where my time is my own.

I have been looking forward to October so we can just get on with things. Now it is here I am starting to feel a bit nervous. Not about having to inject myself or having my eggs collected. I know the process and it was alright.

It's the emotional roller coaster.

Last time I was prepared for it not to work. I had realistic expectations.

But I wan't prepared for it to not work in the way it did.

I think this has just highlighted for me how many different ways it can not work. That every step is a milestone, because you don't know if or when you will find yourself on the off ramp.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...