Sunday 11 June 2017

Day 10 - Follow up scan

Today I had my second blood test and scan.

No kid sized needle for me today - my veins decided to cooperate.

My follicles are developing nicely. There were even 4 new ones that were big enough to measure this morning, so I now have at least 13 growing. My tummy is starting to feel quite tender from all the injections and also quite full - full of follicles!

I had a different Dr today who did things much slower, meaning I had time to take in what was happening and ask questions. It was far more informative and interesting that Saturdays scan.

On the left side I have 7 folicles - 17mm, 16mm, 20mm, 16mm, 15mm, 13mm, 13mm
On the right side I have 6 folicles - 18mm, 17mm, 17mm, 15mm, 14mm, 13mm

I should have asked to take my phone in so I could get a photo of the scan, but I didn't. So this image is not mine but will give you an idea of what I saw.


The dark blobs are the follicles that contain the eggs.

IVF is really a numbers game. I am really hoping I get at least 10 eggs, more if possible. For those of you who like facts and figures, see below.


I got the call this afternoon to say I am ready to proceed with egg collection on Wednesday.

This means no more Orgalutran.

Happy days!

Tonight at 9pm I take my trigger injection. This will tell my body to release my eggs for egg collection on Wednesday.

I have heard that Orgalutran is the worst injection. I have also heard that the trigger injection is the worst.

I will let you know tomorrow which one I liked the least.

I expect there will be lots of updates this week, so keep checking in for new posts.

Until then, much love, Alana, Flex Thunderstache and Frankie Xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...