Wednesday 31 May 2017

9th May – Beginners mistake

Oh no!

I booked a trip to Auckland for Flex Thunderstache and I to go and see Sigur Ros live in July.

I thought it would be a nice treat during the ‘dreaded two week wait’ for the test results and a welcome distraction.

I got my calculations wrong!

The concert is likely to fall right in the middle of treatment, in between egg collection and transfer.

What a rookie mistake!

So, our options now are to try and bring our treatment forward a month, keep it as it is and likely miss the concert or push it back a month.


We have decided to bring it forward a month to June. 

Flex Thunderstache is really eager to bring it forward because, 

‘I’m excited’ he exclaimed.

Fortunately, this decision was far easier to make than the last one. Bringing it forward also means there is not enough time to get the genetic carrier screening test done first and there is less time for me to over think things and get all stressed out again. 

This feels like the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...