Wednesday 31 May 2017

14th May – A time to celebrate

Today is Mother’s Day.

The 5th Mother’s Day in which I should have expected to me a mum.

But this year it is different. 

Instead of wasting time wishing for things I don’t have, grieving over an experience that is not yet mine to have,

I choose to be joyful.

I choose to celebrate the good things I have in my life.

In the words of Caroline Harries, 'I may not be holding my baby in my arms, but I can still celebrate being a mum in the making. This time of preparation is just as important as the days to come.' 

Even though infertility has brought me a lot of heartache, today I choose to focus on all the good that has come out of my journey towards becoming a mother.

And today Frankie turns 1 year old. 

I have just made her a cake. 

No time to waste having a pity party, I have a birthday to celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...