Monday 26 February 2018

Day 4

And here we are again. 



Today is day 4. Our 3rd cycle has finally begun. It feels like we have been waiting a really long time for this.

Today I had my drug teach session. I am a bit of a pro now at the injections, but this time we are doing a long cycle and I have a new drug called Lucrin. For my previous drugs, they come all ready to go. With Lucrin I have to draw it up out of a bottle. Fortunately they make it all pretty straight forward to administer yourself and after my drug teach I am feeling confident I wont have any issues with this.

The first part of this treatment involves me taking a contraceptive pill for about 3 weeks- seems a little odd right? The reason for taking it is that it shuts down my ovaries and stops them from producing any follicles or eggs. This gives my ovaries a bit of a rest, and then when I start on the Gonal-F injections, it will zap my ovaries into life and hopefully help me to grow lots of follicles and eggs. It also means that both ovaries will be starting from 0, which should help them to grow evenly. With our last cycle we got 10 eggs, but only 4 of them were mature. We are hoping that this cycle will grow them slower and we will get more mature eggs.

The injections will start on the 15th of March and my egg collection is scheduled for the week beginning 9th April. 

I am so ready for this and feeling relieved that the wait if finally over.

Much love, Alana, Flex Thunderstache and Frankie


No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...