Tuesday 30 May 2017

11th April - Full steam ahead

Holy moly, things are progressing so quickly. We have gotten so used to waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting. And now it's full steam ahead. 

I have been in touch with fertility associates and we are booked in for IVF in July. I am so grateful to my great aunt. I am blown away by her generosity and yet,

as silly and selfish as it seems,

I cried myself to sleep the other night as the realisation set in that the chances of us having a family of more than 1 child is quite low. 

My pathways to a child book I received from Fertility Associates states that 'only 9% of women will go on to have a second child 2-3 years later from using frozen embryos from the same IVF cycle.'

I have always wanted 3 children, a boy, a girl and a lucky dip. Having just 1 child was never a plan I had really considered and now it’s quite possible that is where we are heading.

I am feeling selfish for even having these thoughts, I am so grateful that we have even been given this opportunity, we are just heading down a path that I never thought would be our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...