Saturday 3 June 2017

4th June - The arrival of Aunt Flo

And not like clockwork, my period arrived yesterday morning - 3 days early!

I thought I would feel excited.

But the reality is, I feel caught off guard, unprepared and a bit emotional.

After calling the clinic and clarifying a few things, I am pleased to say that I feel a lot more relaxed about things, prepared for what is ahead and EXCITED.

I informed my sister in laws/mother in law last night that my period had arrived and that I would be starting my injections tomorrow. They said they had been talking about it earlier and wondering when my day one would be. We then had a laugh about how we were openly discussing my menstrual cycle like it was a perfectly normal conversation to be having.

This morning Flex Thunderstache and I drove into town to Fertility Associates and exchanged thousands of dollars for a few boxes of drugs. I have never made such a large purchase on my credit card before. I wasn't sure if there was a limit with how much you could spend in one purchase, but fortunately the payment was excepted and there weren't any problems.

Tonight I will be giving myself my first injection.

Gonal-F.

I feel surprising relaxed about it at the moment, but it's still a few hours away so there is still time for the nerves to kick in.

Gonal-F is a hormone injection which will help stimulate the development of my follicles, and hopefully mean I will have lots of egg available on egg collection day.

We have waited over 5 years to get to today. It's finally here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The final post

Last week we made our final trip to Fertility Associates for our review appointment. Our doctor was sad an disappointment for us. It w...